KISS Music Team Assistant Producer
The job has expired.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
What you'll do
As well as playlist management support, you will contribute to all music orientated strategic moves in content; tracks of the week, event booking, talent suggestions, guest and format development and new ideas. You’ll be the back- bone of the day to day organisation and industry management of the wider Music Team – from making radio edits, collating music/artist notes, supporting managing the guest booking process at KISS and sending out the weekly playlists to contacts.
You will occasionally be asked to support programme production, or elements of programmes with the production team. You will manage the social media asset creation and distribution to industry and artists. You will follow the lead of the Music Team Producer, Head of Music and Content Director and work collaboratively and independently to fulfil objectives.
Your work will ultimately ladder up to the wider KISS strategy set by the Content Director – to grow our <35 UK audience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of organisational systems related to playlist creation and communication.
- Management of organisation systems related to industry relationships (plugging appointments, playlist communication).
- Guest booking system organisation.
- Being part of the playlist decision-making team and contributing suggestions with audience-centric reasoning.
- Making radio edits to a brief for broadcast.
- Creatively and practically contributing to music-orientated programming ideas and events.
- Social media asset production for playlist additions. Digital audio editing (incl. Adobe Audition)
- Occasional support of programme teams in music-heavy features or event radio moments.
- Support your producer with confident direction and development of talent in a live and pre-recorded broadcasting environment.
- Passion, authenticity and creativity.
- Demonstrating strong awareness of new/current KISS music (Dance Music, Pop Music, Black Music) and culture essential.
- Good editing skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas and support projects and ideas independently.
- Desired: knowledge of music scheduling software/ability to transfer skills from other systems (we use G Selector but knowledge of this is not essential).
- Proficient use of scheduling systems (Zetta).
- Excellent organisational and admin skills.
- Awareness of Ofcom Broadcasting Code.
About The Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.