Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
Hits Radio - the first national radio station to broadcast from outside London.
Aimed at a 25-44 audience, the Hits Radio Network offers listeners an entertaining and fun escape brought to you by original, authentic presenters who share the interests and values of their listeners, keeping them in-touch, connected and feeling young.
Featuring a soundtrack of the biggest hits of the day alongside treasured throwbacks from the last 20 years, the network is bursting with huge tunes and big personalities, with a strong sense of community at its core. We live in our listeners’ world and create a dialogue, not a monologue. We love to surprise, to entertain, and most importantly we love music.
Our Manchester base is a broadcasting centre in the North with a busy, vibrant environment.
The Focus of Your Role:
Manage the front of house experience from beginning to end for all visitors, staff and contractors. Provide a friendly and professional service, which is representative of the Hits Radio Manchester and Bauer brands. Acting as the first point of contact to all staff, visitors and callers to the station, ensuring they have a consistently smooth experience.
Manage facilities throughout the building, overseen by line manager. Making decisions on behalf of your line manager. Accurately creating and maintaining records and documents to deliver a consistent service. Taking the initiative to introduce new processes and procedures and being responsible for the day to day running of all the key contracts including cleaning, security, building maintenance.
Supervise health and safety requirements day to day and ensure all our legal and business requirements are met.
- Manage the front of house experience for all visitors, staff and contractors – ensuring their experience is representative of the Bauer and Hits Radio Manchester brand values.
- Work closely with heads of department to ensure a positive, effective, efficient, and professional front of house experience is delivered throughout.
- Manage building contracts day to day – including cleaning, security, franking, building maintenance, recycling, water machines, car parking.
- Communicate to the station management team and to the Heads of Department meeting all building issues/changes/updates as appropriate.
- Manage health and safety day to day, including overseeing fire drills and conducting inspections.
- Working closely with the station engineers to manage building contractors and ensure timelines for delivery are met.
- Handle all incoming calls and mail to Hits Radio Manchester and Castle Quay in a professional manner.
- Assisting department heads with project work and one off work, as agreed with line manager.
- Process all building invoices accurately and on time.
- Manage the studio and meeting room bookings and where required liaising with heads of department and other appropriate members of staff to ensure client meetings are accommodated in the appropriate rooms.
- Manage car parking for all staff and visitors and negotiate/renegotiate competitively priced contract parking as required.
- Book travel and accommodation for staff accurately, on time and within budget.
- Manage prize winners on behalf of Hits Radio, maintaining an accurate database and ensuring prizes are handled according to Bauer prize terms and conditions.
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Attention to detail
- The ability to manage a busy workload in a time-pressured environment
- Great team working skills, and the ability to support as needed.
- Confidence in your interpersonal skills.
- A real passion for the brands you’re working with
- Outstanding project management and organisational skills
- Understanding of outlook calendar, Microsoft Teams, and diary scheduling management
About The Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
We are PASSIONATE WITH PURPOSE, creative and commercial…
We know why we are here, and we LOVE what we do!
Our CREATIVE AMBITION and AGILITY takes us further, faster…
You can be as BIG as the space YOU want to fill.
To each other, to our audiences, to our advertisers.
At Bauer, EVERY VOICE IS HEARD...
And all ideas are welcome.
We are OPEN, FAIR and HONEST, we SAY WHAT WE THINK…
We raise it, own it, sort it.
We CARE that everyone feels VALUED and SUPPORTED…
A place where we can all do our best work.
We CELEBRATE SUCCESS and we PULL TOGETHER…
We always have each others back.
… WE are TEAM BAUER where WE MAKE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/