Digital Editor - Hits Radio
The job has expired.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
This role will be hybrid and a mix of office, home and on location working
Aimed at the thirty something, almost grown-up audience, the Hits Radio Network offers listeners an entertaining and fun escape brought to you by original, authentic presenters with great, relatable banter.
Featuring a soundtrack of the biggest hits of the day alongside treasured favourites, the network is bursting with huge tunes and big personalities.
This is a unique opportunity to lead the digital and social team, working across the entire Hits Radio network. You will work closely with production, commercial, marketing and the wider digital team as a leader in the creation of innovative digital and social content.
Working alongside the Content Director, marketing team and the core content team for Hits Radio, you will help devise and deliver a compelling and creative digital strategy which grows awareness of the brand and drives trial.
- You will be required to demonstrate leadership in creating compelling, shareable, on-brand content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube, as well as compelling online content. You will be accomplished at driving engagement and new listeners via digital platforms.
- Your role will include creating and managing a plan for content, coverage and promotions which represents the 24/7 nature of the radio station.
- You will be across Key Performance Indicators for third party and owned channels using analytics tools.
- The role requires demonstrable team leadership skills and the ability to influence production and presentation teams.
- You will have experience creating new digital formats for broadcast brands, and ideally, experience of leading social media for live events.
- You have a healthy obsession with music from Hits Radio - the biggest hits and the biggest throwbacks
- You care about what’s relevant and essential for our audience. You appreciate the diversity of our target audience and live by a right content, right platform, right time mentality.
- A strong understanding of the social media landscape, demonstrated through previous work and active participation on social networks.
- Strong writing skills and English skills
- Strong communications skills and be able to communicate both in-person and using tools such as Trello, Slack or Teams, with management, stakeholders, subordinates, and peers
- Time management, organisational and prioritising skills essential
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- Strong understand of data reporting using platform’s native analytics and Sprout Social
- Always on top of the latest social trends and an understanding of each social platforms algorithms and how to work best within them
Desirable skills but not essential
- Design and experience skills using software packages such as Adobe Photoshop
- Video filming skills and editing skills, ideally using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Paid social – boosting and building small advertising campaigns
About The Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/