Producer – Scala Radio
This job has been closed.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
We’re a small team with big ambition at Scala Radio. We are all about multi-tasking, prioritising our busy day and communication is key, whether that be with our listeners, our advertisers, record labels or each other.
The focus of your role will be to write, produce and deliver for broadcast relevant programming content material and automated programming for Scala Radio across all broadcast platforms, and to schedule and input music.
You’ll be responsible for producing live programming and pre-recorded programming delivered to time, scheduled correctly, compliant and ready for broadcast across the Scala Radio schedule.
You’ll also be a key part of the music team, loading and inputting new releases and scheduling specialist and daytime programmes. The successful candidate will have experience working within music radio of any genre. Ideally, the candidate will have experience scheduling music and inputting music into playout systems, but applicants should not be put off if they don’t have this experience; a willingness to learn and an eye for detail is of more importance.
You’ll be capable of operating technical systems required for correct playout of the station’s automated programming and production system along with pre-recording sessions. You’ll also be able to re-purpose shows for repeat broadcast and ensure correct playout of the programmes, features and commercial breaks.
The role will involve you managing high profile guests & presenters to the Radio Station so you will have to be able to build positive working relationships with individuals in the on-air and off-air team and ensure presenters comply with the media law and OFCOM regulations.
You’ll work closely with the programming team and support and cover individuals’ responsibilities on occasion,
assist with administrative elements including internal payments and billing system and the role may involve work at weekends.
Other duties and responsibilities will include;
- To write scripts for programming, idents, trails and commercial promos.
- The management and production of recording sessions, and delivery of audio content to deadline.
- To have a good understanding of target audiences’ tastes through experience and research and create relevant content.
- To generate creative music and entertainment ideas for new series, one-off specials and station-wide programming initiatives, along with new social media content.
- Liaising with record labels and artist management companies to ensure Scala Radio represents classical music in the modern world
- You’ll need to demonstrate experience producing live and pre-recorded programmes, directing presenting talent in a studio environment and editing audio at a high standard for broadcast.
- You’ll be fully skilled in automation and playout systems and have an understanding of both contemporary and core classical music. Experience of Zetta, G-Selector and Audition – or their equivalent - is essential.
- You’ll be aware of core classical composers and of the contemporary classical music scene including showtunes from musicals and film, television and videogame scores. If there are gaps in your knowledge, you’ll demonstrate a keenness to learn more about key labels, musicians and composers.
- You must be able to work to tight deadlines and in a high pressure environment and have excellent time management skills and the ability to adapt to last-minute changes. You’ll need to be confident enough to work alone, without direction and must be a team player with a positive attitude and initiative.
- We are looking for a creative thinker with the ability to generate ideas relevant to the brand.
About The Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/