Multimedia News and Sport Reporter
This job has been closed.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
The successful candidate will be an experienced news reporter, capable of producing compelling local stories and reading news bulletins to the highest possible standard. You will know the patch and have great ideas for stories, features and campaigns.
You will work closely with the news team across Scotland and link into our news network across the UK. You will be joining a passionate, hard-working team who really care about keeping our listeners up to date. You must have a genuine interest in news, current affairs and sport to fit this role. News never stops and is a huge part of Bauer’s daily output, keeping our radio stations connected to the communities we broadcast to.
- Focus on producing compelling local stories for both bulletins and online.
- Report and produce on location of major news stories.
- Produce pictures and video as well as audio.
- Fill in on any bulletin reading or reporting shifts elsewhere, if required.
- Update local news content on our websites and on social media, ensuring this is compliant within the law.
- You will have a great voice and the ability to be able to produce compelling stories and work across a range of on-air, online and social platforms.
- You will be able to work calmly and accurately and will ensure everything you broadcast or put on social media is legally sound, Ofcom compliant, accurate and balanced.
- You should be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding and experience of modern audio/video broadcasting platforms and how they can assist our teams in delivering news content to a wide range of audiences
- You should be able to demonstrate a knowledge of the patch and the kinds of stories which will resonate with our local audiences.
- You will be joining a brilliant team who have each others backs so we are looking for a team player but also someone who can also work alone as a reporter, covering the local area.
- You will be passionate about news, journalism and radio.
- You must have a full driving licence.
About The Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/