Station Assistant - Scala Radio
This job has been closed.
Station Assistant - Scala Radio
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life
If you think you'd be great at this job and would love working with us, we'd love to hear from you. To apply, you'll need to send us your CV along with a cover letter and short review (200-250 word) of Mark Forrests weekday show.
Scala Radio is one of Bauer’s newest radio brands, a classical music and entertainment station broadcasting across the UK on DAB digital radio. The programming team is creative, focused and supportive, working closely with the marketing and digital teams to spread the word about Scala far and wide
Of all the other Bauer radio brands, Scala Radio is most closely aligned to Magic, and the brands are managed by the same Content Director.
The focus of your role:
To provide content, administrative, production and ad hoc support to the Scala Radio team, with a particular focus on providing production support to our flagship weekday show with Mark Forrest (10am-1pm)
- Principal point of contact for all Scala Radio listener enquiries
- Provide on-air programming support including:
- Weekday Requests
- Edit audio using Audition to create show features, interviews and production packages
- Research and fact-check show features
- Checking/segueing pre-recorded and voice-tracked shows before broadcast
- Archive broadcast audio
- You’ll also work with the music team, assisting with the loading of new music and reporting of music/performer details for PRS and PPL returns.
- Support programming and marketing teams in coordinating and managing on air and online competitions.
- Ad hoc admin duties for the team as required, including booking meeting rooms, studios, taxis, travel and accommodation.
The ability to build brilliant relationships whilst working in a time-pressured environment is at the heart of everything you'll do in this role, so you'll bring:
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to adjust to changing deadlines.
- A positive attitude, willing to learn and pick up new roles and responsibilities as required.
- A positive and professional written and spoken manner when dealing with listeners.
- Great team working skills, and the ability to support others in the team as needed.
The role requires production skills, so you’ll bring:
- Experience producing audio using Audition, or a demonstrated willingness to learn.
- Experience using broadcast playout systems (Zetta), or a demonstrated willingness to learn.
- Experience working with studio equipment, or a demonstrated willingness to learn.
- Experience or an interest in learning more about music scheduling (GSelector).
- A passion for radio!
About The Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/